Hey there, I came along to the Deptford Town Hall debate and I think you had some pretty good ideas. If you're still looking for suggestions, I think the idea of showing some of the world outside the Westminster bubble to MPs and workers living 9 to 5 inside Portcullis House is interesting. If the restrictions allow a laptop and internet connection to be used in one of the cabinets, how about a self-refreshing blog or twitter profile containing messages from constituents to their local MP? The idea being to show MPs the smaller, easier-to-empathise-with concerns of voters beyond their own consituency - not just general aggressve anti-politics comments, but offering MPs a chance to become voyeurs, peeping into their contempoaries' lives and identify with the constituent over the MP. Couldn't find an email address so posting it here, hope it goes well.
Hey there, I came along to the Deptford Town Hall debate and I think you had some pretty good ideas. If you're still looking for suggestions, I think the idea of showing some of the world outside the Westminster bubble to MPs and workers living 9 to 5 inside Portcullis House is interesting. If the restrictions allow a laptop and internet connection to be used in one of the cabinets, how about a self-refreshing blog or twitter profile containing messages from constituents to their local MP? The idea being to show MPs the smaller, easier-to-empathise-with concerns of voters beyond their own consituency - not just general aggressve anti-politics comments, but offering MPs a chance to become voyeurs, peeping into their contempoaries' lives and identify with the constituent over the MP.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't find an email address so posting it here, hope it goes well.